Perfect snack for kids—and adults—on the go
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts or cashews), chopped
1/2 cup dried fruits (raisins, cranberries or chopped dates)
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup nut butter (peanut butter or almond butter)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
A pinch of salt
• Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking dish or pan with parchment paper and set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts, dried fruits, ground flaxseed, shredded coconut, cinnamon (if using) and salt. Mix well.
• In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the honey or maple syrup, nut butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is melted and well combined. Remove from heat.
• Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Use a spatula or your hands to mix everything together until all the dry ingredients are coated and evenly distributed.
• Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish or pan. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to press it down firmly and make sure it's evenly spread.
• Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
• Remove from the oven and let it cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, refrigerate for about an hour to firm up.
• Once the granola mixture is firm, remove it from the pan and cut it into bars or squares of your desired size.
• Store the granola bars in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
These nutrient-packed granola bars are versatile, and you can customize them by adding other ingredients like chia seeds, dark chocolate chips, or even protein powder to boost their nutritional value. Enjoy!